Saturday, March 20, 2010

Beating Heart Baby!!

Today we finally got to hear the heartbeat! We were very excited but nervous. The appointment went really well. Kary was super excited to be able to be part of it. The nurse asked us like 100 family history questions. We do have a little history of twins....yikes. When she put goo on my belly I started to get nervous especially since she said there is a good chance we won't be able to hear it yet. The nervousness was gone in about 10 seconds when we heard it! It was "whoosh..whoosh...whoosh" and fast...170 beats a minute. The nurse said that was normal though for this stage. (some say that means a girl) It was super cool to have proof that there is a little somebody in there. He/she was low on my left side just hanging out. Kary and I were joking that our fetus is already a spazz with that rapid heart rate and most likely anxiety...haha. The doctor said we heard it so fast because I'm small and not a "large" woman...he said with them he has to sift through a lot of stuff...ha. We got a lot of reading material from the nurse and Kary was excited to share the part about pooping with me in the waiting room. Good stuff. He is amazing and has been so good to me. He always stops at the grocery store to get me all kinds of delicious healthy food and always makes me laugh. I have recently gotten back some energy and have started working out on wii active...gotta keep those thighs and booty in check! We are scheduled to go to our next doctor appt on April 23rd then the one after that we will be able to find out the sex :-)





Here is a bunch of reading material we got. We will probably sign up for the baby CPR
class and I'm trying to get Kary to take the bootcamp for first time dad's class..haha


Here is an outfit Uncle Sean picked out...and yes of course a little girl could also wear this! we'll just put a pink hat on her head :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment