Tuesday, October 4, 2011

London's 1st Birthday Party!!!




Well London is not officially 1 until tomorrow but we celebrated a few days early this saturday. My parents came from PA along with Andrea. My aunt Marg and cousin Miriah also made the trip. Jess had to stay in PA because she's 8 months pregnant and Josh and Sarah had to stay because Sarah could not miss class. We missed them all but managed to pull off a pretty fantastic 1st birthday party for our sweet baby London (soon to be toddler London...sob sob) We had the party at our house. We decided to just invite family and a few friends that were special to London. I invited my friend Loren and his wife Melissa. They were at the hospital the day after London was born and have taken an interest in our chunky little guy. I, of course, invited my best friend since 15 Lynn and was so happy her husband Justin and baby Dex came too! We had both sets of grandparents, friends, family, and of course, lots of noise and food. I wanted it to be only vegetarian food, but with my lack of how to entertain (well in the food area) I was overtaken...haha. We ordered the cake from one of Kary's clients that own a bakery. It was awesome! It was vegan and of course we heard some complaints about that...haha...but I like it and London is not much of a sweet eater so he didn't really care anyways.
He was so cute when we sang happy birthday and looked adorable in his birthday-decked out highchair. He cried a few minutes into the song and seemed quite freaked out by all the attention.
He wasn't oo into opening his presents, he was more interested in the boxes and ribbons but enjoyed the toys after they were opened. He got awesome stuff....lots of clothes and educational toys! He is so pumped to have all the new stuff. I can't believe that tomorrow London is going to be 1 year old!!! This year has flown and I could not have imagined a year ago how amazing motherhood is...


















No comments:

Post a Comment