Saturday, June 7, 2014

19 Months and full of Spunk!


Izzy Alice will be 19 months tomorrow and she sure is one little spitfire. I feel so bad for being so negligent with my blog and feel like she's being shortchanged but I guess I've been busy living life (and posting a million pictures on instagram and facebook...haha) Izzy had her 18 month check-up last month and is a very healthy girl. She weighs 21 pounds and is in the 50th percentile for weight but a shorty (and I forgot the exact number of inches) and I think in the 20th percentile for height.
Izzy started going to daycare just 1 day a week in January. At first she was miserable, and despite never really being happy to be there she slowly gained some confidence and managed to smile a few times. I have noticed she's not a huge people person. She's like a cat, you have to earn her friendship. However, this is only the case when she is without me. When she has her mommy in tow she waves and blows kisses to strangers, says hi to everyone and prances around like she is "it." She is also way more cuddly with grandparents. London was afraid of men until he was almost 2! haha.
Izzy is a talker now. At first we were a bit worried because she did this weird growly thing. She still does it sometimes but she's mostly saying clear words. Some of the things she is currently doing:
*She LOVES to brush her teeth, brush her hair, try to eat markers, wrestle with her brother, eat bananas, play in dirt, be outside, copy anything her awesome brother does, take off her diaper, watch Dora and Peppa Pig, play in her Dora house, ride on cars, and BUBBLES!

*I'd make a list of words but she is at the point of saying everything you ask her to say. She now says, "eat" when she is hungry, she always wakes up concerned and says, "daddy at work?", she says "please" and "thank you." She likes to say, "mama!" in a weird demon voice which is pretty awesome. She will yell, "stop!" when London is bugging her. She knows all her body parts and will point to them and on you. 
I just love her to pieces. She is like my little monkey mini me. She hangs on my hip, has a crazy temper, but is also the sweetest. She is a nightmare in stores but a rockstar at sleeping. I couldn't ask for a more perfect/ imperfect little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment