Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy Birthday, Daddy!






Kary's birthday was March 22nd but he had to work all day so we celebrated his birthday Sunday night with dinner at PF Changs with his parents. London had a great time with his grandma and grandpa and even got to help daddy open his new kinect for the xbox360. Kary was super excited. We were not huge fans of the food last time we went but this time our veggie meals were much better. We got some delicious cheesecake and tiramasu for dessert. London was about to suck his fingers off when he was watching me eat mine.
On Kary's actual birthday I decided to drive to his salon after work and London and I were planning to surprise him. I picked up London from the babysitter and we stopped at the store and got a balloon, some cheesecake, and veggie sushi. I did it all one-handed while London was in my arms and it was 85 degrees out and my AC in my car was broken. I finally was on my way to the salon and I was told to be there by the front desk girl by 4:00 because that was Kary's scheduled break. I was making perfect time. I was pretty flustered and blindly started driving after getting off the exit. When I realized I had gone too far it was time to put the address in the GPS. Ours is a bit outdated so it took me to an abandoned warehouse and I was pretty sure my GPS was trying to murder me. I got all turned around and the front desk girl gave me the wrong directions again. I finally called the salon after driving all over for like 30 minutes (London napped the whole time) and told Kary I was in town. I was actually right across the street. He was still happy to see us. Unfortunately he was super busy and we had to wait an hour for his break. It was interesting trying to entertain a 5 1/2 month old in a fancy salons. We spilled milk on the couches and I even changed him on the massage table (no pee or poop...I promise!) Finally we got to spend time with the birthday boy but only about 15 minutes. But, it was the thought that counts right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment