Tuesday, March 29, 2011

really??!







London had been wearing his d-band about 2 days when I started to notice that it shifted to one side. I also noticed that his right eye was a little swollen on Sunday morning. Around noon I took it off to see how his head was doing. I saw that my sweet baby boy had bright red dents everywhere that the band touched. They almost looked like his skin was burnt. I kept the band off and called and left a message for them to see him first thing Monday morning. I was going to have his grandparents take him but coincidently I was having serious issues with my allergies and was sick and had pink eye. So, I stayed home and Kary's mom came to help. We took him to his appointment. They said I did the right thing by removing the band. The technician said he had heat burn and my poor baby's skin was flaking off in places. He is so laid back and doesn't complain and I started to feel bad that I kept it on for 3 days but shit, I figured these people knew what they were doing. Anyways, they had us put the band on for a few minutes and did a photo shoot from all different angles. London was adorable and was cracking up the photographer. He even grabbed her camera strap and started chewing on it. He was having a great time playing in the little toy car and was totally awesome the whole time. They made us wait quite a while as they sent the pictures away to be evaluated. They started acting kind of odd and I started to pick up on the fact that they screwed up and had made a band that will not fit London properly. They ended up telling us we could go home and asked that we leave the band there.
A few hours later they called and told me that they are going to need to make a whole new band and that he'll need another DSI (pantyhose photo shoot) and will get his new band on April 7th...ugh...I was relieved that they will make him a better one but not thrilled that we need to wait longer and re-decorate the whole thing. We spent $10 on tattoos and specially ordered them. I wonder if this happens often or are we really that unlucky? This place is the best of the best. They have high-tech imaging and still somehow London's band wasn't right for his head. I guess we'll just have to make this next one even better. D-band take 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment