Wednesday, July 20, 2011

DOC band Mission: COMPLETE!

After 3 months of treatment London finally graduated from Cranial Tech. He was in his DOC band for 23 hours a day from April 7-July 20th...that is a long time. The band left red dents on his head, made him sweat (and stink!) like crazy, and I'm sure it was not comfortable to sleep in. But London handled it like a little champ and never really seemed bothered.
When we went to his initial evaluation way back in February they took pictures and did a 360 scan. Today, at graduation, they redid both procedures and allowed me to see the difference. We knew his head shape has improved but when you look at them side by side it is crazy and even though he could benefit even more with another band, it's just not a possibility. So, we'll take the head he has now~ good enough for me!
He was very upset during his 360 scan. He did not appreciate the stocking over his face and my poor baby was screaming and reaching for me as tears streamed down the netting. I hate when people don't allow me to comfort my baby but I understand they had a job to do. It took him a few minutes to get over that experience but after a few toys and a bottle he was ok.
London received a diploma and gets to keep his headcicle and helmet. We will most likely store them with all his other baby memorabilia.
I am thrilled to be able to cuddle him and play with his hair. I am also terrified that now he is completely unprotected. I am going to have to keep a very close eye on him to make sure he isn't too reckless and gets hurt.
Well another chapter closes and London moves on to the next phase of his development. Things are changing daily and we're happy to have the cranial shaping treatment behind us. Yay for Cranial Tech for giving us a beautiful baby head for our son.

London's last time in the car wearing his DOC band

















enjoying some snacks while waiting for the photo shoot



















mugshots before and after


















Here is London during his last DSI...he was not happy!














Here are the digital images before and after













headcicle
diploma

No comments:

Post a Comment