Wednesday, July 20, 2011

First We Had Eachother, Then We Had You, Now We Have Everything....



Kary and I met in January 2005. We actually "met" online but we did not have a creepy online relationship. Basically I was hanging out with a complete scumbag and one day I searched Charlotte people on myspace (yeah embarrasing..haha) After scrolling through a ton of generic dudes, I came across Kary. At first I thought his name was quite awful..haha (Now I love it!) but I right away noticed that we had lots in common. He had "Strangers with Candy" listed as a favorite show and we had tons of other tv shows, music, and interests in common. I saw that he was only 20 and I was 24 so I sent a friend request anyway and that was the end of it. A few days later he wrote a comment that just said, "ello". I thought he was cute. Somehow we met up on AIM and talked a few times. Unfortunately I was still hanging with scum and even blew off Kary a few times to hang out with this tweaker.
On January 20-something I had Kary call me and he made me laugh a bunch on the phone. I remember being cold and rude, but I was a scorned woman and had to keep my guards up.
I ended up driving to his house and getting him. We ate rice krispie treats and watched an awful movie that I fell asleep during. We talked a lot and I was convinced at the time that he just wasn't for me...I have always screwed up first impressions.
We really bonded a few days after meeting when my sweet Grandma Jan passed away. I flew to PA for the funeral and had to cancel our next hangout. I am surprised that he didn't think I was blowing him off with the "my grandma died" excuse. Even though Kary never met her, he was so sweet and supportive during this time. I called him drunk late the night of the funeral and he cheered me up and made me laugh. We clicked right away and that's when I knew he was something special.
Time went on and within about 6 months of dating we got an apartment together and brought Brooklyn into our lives. I was working at the same school I am now and Kary was working at Hot Topic and Olive Garden...haha. We moved to a townhouse a year later, got Brixton, and Kary went to hair school. We stayed there 3 years.
In July 2007 after a sweaty run and slicing his finger open, Kary proposed. I said yes right away and we started planning. We got married on July 19, 2008. I'll never forget the look on Kary's face when I walked down the aisle. He looked like someone punched him in the gut but his eyes were filled with so much love it was overwhelming The ceremony was beautiful, awkward, disappointing, and amazing all at the same time. But that pretty much sums up our entire life together so far.
We were married about 2 years when we decided to start a family. I remember taking ovulation tests on our 2 year anniversary and getting so excited talking about having a baby in our life. We got that gift (positive test!) in January 2009, 4 years after we first met. I found out I was pregnant actually almost the same day 4 years after I fell in love with Kary.
Having London has definitely challenged our relationship. It has been hard juggling work, the baby, and still managing to spend time together and not want to rip eachother's heads off in an exhausted, overworked, need free time kind of tantrum. But we have finally figured out how to balance it all and London has brought us more joy than we could have ever imagined. Often while arguing about something petty and dumb we'll look over at London and he'll be smiling or doing something so smart and adorable that we'll remember what really matters and throw the bullshit to the curb.
First we had each other...then we had you...now we have everything
Happy Anniversary to the best husband, daddy, and man I could have ever hand-picked off myspace (HAHA)









And I will end with all the things that make my husband totally awesome...
dancing in the car, creating new ugly/funny faces daily, being incredibly inappropriate but somehow making it hilarious, making ME dinner after YOU have worked a 12 hour shift, taking care of me when I'm sick, catering to my every need when I was pregnant, being in the delivery room every step of the way when I delivered London, calming me down when I go crazy with rage (which is often), having random dance parties, is awesome at organizing, decorating, shopping, doing my hair, and still maintaining heterosexuality, can fix most things in the house, can change a tire and oil, loving me for me and all the crazy parts that come along with it... and most of all for giving me the best gift~ London James ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment