Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Deja Vu Number 2! :-)

On Monday, April 2nd, I went to my first prenatal appointment for baby 2.0! I brought London with me which added a nice bit of chaos to the experience. I arrived and started with the usual hand scan (seems like just yesterday I was scanning at my weekly appointments). They called me back and had me pee in a cup. Now, usually I am quite a pro at this, but adding the London dynamic made it tricky. I was basically peeing in a cup over the toilet while London was down on the floor stacking "sanitary" cups that were about to have other pregnant lady's pee in it...yikes! We got out quick. They tested my urine and confirmed me pregnant. I got a due date of Nov. 8th...according to my cycle I think it's supposed to be the 11th but I'll trust the doctors...haha. But, 11/11 does sound cooler than 11/8.
They weighed me and I must have lost a few pounds due to the extreme nausea and food aversions I've had the past few weeks. I weighed in at 124lbs. We'll see what that scale says in trimester 3. I am hoping I won't gain 40 like last time.
I got an exam and Dr. Rollins kept hugging me. She was so excited to see London and gave him lots of attention, stickers, and kept showing him pics of her babies on her phone. She is the coolest! Unfortunately, there is a 1 in 7 chance she'll deliver this baby. Hopefully, we can work something out because she is fantastic. She always sits and talks and never rushes or acts all doctory...and she is smart and knows her shit. Oh yeah, and she's a total weirdo like me. She was wearing tattooed tights and mary janes...haha.
So, everything seems to be going just great with baby #2. I am going in for an ultrasound on April 12th. I didn't get that with London so that will be a change. It was so funny because as I was sitting in the stirrups I was thinking to myself, wow am I really doing this all over again?? The body destruction, the late nights, the rib pains, out of breath, contractions!!!..aaah! Then I looked down and saw my beautiful son clanking the stirrups up and down as I slid out of them (awkward I know!) and all the apprehensions and pain melted away. It is soooo worth it. I can't believe my heart is going to grow even more to love another baby and I can't wait to see London rocking it as a big brother.


It's Official: Due November 8th :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment