Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Big Boy Changes!

London will be 22 months on Sunday and is growing up so fast! He is talking a ton (sometimes too much) and started sleeping in a toddler bed. He's doing great with it. He has yet to sleep in it all night but it has only been 3 nights so far. He usually sleeps until 5am and then wakes up crying and confused and asks to sleep in his crib or mommy and daddy's bed. Sometimes I give in and sometimes I rock him and keep him in his room. It depends on how tired I am ...ha. London is starting to not take discipline seriously. He used to cry when he went in time out (like in the picture) but lately, he laughs and squeals when he's in time out and it's so hard not to laugh right along with him. We have created a monster! London weighs about 27lbs and is constantly on the move. He still is having trouble pooping and doesn't eat as well as he should but he seems to be gaining enough weight that it's nothing to be too concerned about. We are in the process of getting his big boy room ready. It is going to be pirate themed and we're excited to give him something special since he'll soon have to share mommy and daddy. Lately, he has been super attached to me and I know he's probably going to take it hard when the baby comes and I can't always give him all the attention. I'm sure he'll be a great helper though and he'll love her to pieces.
London had his first "serious" injury last week. He was being his usual silly self and was running and playing and being defiant and as he was told to go in time out, he laughed and ran across the floor. He slipped and wiped out hitting his mouth on the floor. At first, I though nothing of it until I saw the blood pouring from his mouth and on my shirt. As a first time mom, I panicked and called Kary at work. I couldn't find the source of the bleeding and wasn't sure if he was about to lose a tooth or what...Kary rushed home and found London sitting calmly on my lap with ice on his lip. It turns out he just sliced his lip and tore the little piece of skin connecting his top teeth. It is already healed now and I know I overreacted. I am sure there will be many more injuries to come with my wild child!

No comments:

Post a Comment