Tuesday, April 20, 2010

barf, nosebleeds, and asthma attacks...oh my!!!

so glad he's by my side...but keep that damn flower off my face! I'm allergic!!!






I have started week 16 (4th month) I am definitely noticing that I am pregnant and so are others. My pants barely fit and I have been holding them together with a hair tie. My shirts that once fell at my waist are now belly shirts...it's quite odd. I've never had a weight issue and not been able to fit in clothes...luckily, I have a good reason to be packing on the fatty pounds!
For weeks, I could not wait until the general public could tell I was pregnant. That way I would not just look like a chubby girl who drank a bit too much in college but rather an adorable tiny pregnant lady ;) Unfortunately, my first encounter with a stranger commenting on my pregnancy was from a teen girl at target who walked by me and said to her friend, "Uh oh...somebody got preggo." At the time it kind of pissed me off. I am a week away from being 30!...I am married!...and we tried for almost a year!!! haha! I guess I should just think of it as a huge compliment that I look like a teen. Turning 30 and gaining weight is a rough combo so I'll take some girl thinking I'm an irresponsible teen who got "knocked up!" ha.
This past weekend has been rough. Friday night Kary and I went out for Chinese food after I went to a performance of my students dancing the polka. I had a bad headache all day that day and our meal was interrupted by me dashing to the bathroom and barfing up my entire meal...there goes $10! The toilet was filled to the rim with rice and tofu (yum..huh?) When I went to flush, the toilet was broken...I walked back to the table, eyes watering and make-up running, and told Kary I'd be in the car. But, I ate the leftovers the next day and they were delicious. I also had an asthma attack later that night and again on Monday. Each morning since Friday I have had the joy of waking up with a nosebleed. We got a humidifier for our room and today was my first morning with no nosebleed! yay! haha....my allergies are ridiculous, I can barely sleep since I can't breath out of my nose and my nose runs constantly. I thought the second trimester was supposed to be the easiest! oh well.
This Friday we have an appointment...we'll hear the heartbeat again and get a chance to talk to the doctor about any questions we have. Then we'll make our next appointment to get our first sonogram and find out the sex!!! We have been thinking girl...but now are getting the boy vibe...we'll see what they find: "peep" or "hoo hoo"....We can barely wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment