Friday, April 23, 2010

"The Fat Lady"





Today's doctor's appointment was awesome! I was just expecting a boring regular check-up but it could not have gone better :-) We met Dr. Campbell and he was awesome! He was super friendly and took the time to talk with us instead of just rushing through like "Dr. Bland" we had last month. My blood pressure was great, I measured good and the nurse found the heartbeat as soon as she placed the monitor on my belly. Then she told me I was so tiny which was amazing since minutes before the other nurse shared with me that I have gained 10 pounds in a month!!! ahh!! I have never weighed this much in my life and I'm sure it's nothing compared to the heiffer I will become! :-) The heartbeat was 160 beats per minute. It slowed down a bit since last time, which is good. The heartbeat was very loud this time and the nurse said it was so strong they could probably hear it in the waiting room...ha. I also found out I can go back to my better, cheaper, prescribed allergy pills!! yay! maybe now I'll get some relief!
The best news ever was when Dr. Campbell told us we get to come back in 2 weeks (not four!) for the sonogram and to find out the sex! woohoo! We are scheduled May 10th and now we really can't wait! I can't wait to see him/her flipping around and finally know what clothes we can buy. I also should start feeling some movement in the next 3 weeks or so...super cool!
Lastly, to explain the title of this post. Today, one of my students decided to write a story about me. He titled it, "The Fat Lady." He drew me as a giant circle with a tiny head and arms and legs. He drew a baby in my belly and wrote boy pointing to the baby. The story is about me growing gigantic and taking over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment