Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend




This past weekend I got to see my family for the first time since we found out about the baby. It was so awesome to see everyone and be spoiled ;-) My mama made sure I was resting and my dad made sure I kept stuffing my face. The weather was beautiful and it was awesome to cuddle with baby Isla Rose and play cops and robbers with Mason. They surprised me with an early birthday celebration. My mom made an ice cream cake and Jess and Andrea got me really cute maternity shirts (my first ones) My mom got me a gorgeous turquoise necklace that will keep her close to me even though we're separated by 500 miles.
While in PA, I started to notice that at night my stomach gets very tight. My sister (2 time mom) said it is my muscles stretching. It's super uncomfortable but I'm sure nothing compared to what is about to come. I am 14 weeks now and officially a third of the way there. I am feeling pretty good besides my extreme allergies. My doctor did not give me the ok to get back on my allergy meds so I'll have to settle for some over the counter stuff, which I am sure will make me super jittery. My asthma meds are also not recommended so I am going to use my rescue inhalor as needed and hope my breathing is ok. Our fetus can hear this week so I'm sure Kary will be spending lots of time yelling random things into my belly. I have also started cocoa buttering my belly every night. Stretch marks are not an option!
We still have 2 weeks before our next appt and 6 weeks before we find out the sex and get our first sonogram. Now, I'm just watching my belly bump pop and enjoying spring break and being pregnant. I miss my family like crazy but will see them at the end of June for my shower. It is always hard saying goodbye to them. My mama gave my belly a kiss as we left...so cute!


Here are the 2 shirts I got for my birthday. Jess got me the polka dot one and Andrea got me the blue tank top. Both are big for now but I'm sure they will fit by my birthday.




No comments:

Post a Comment