Friday, May 21, 2010

Baby Prepping Chaos!






Today we decided to go baby registering. So, after an 8 hour workday (with no break) I came home, changed and we were off. We stopped at Panera first and I ate a delicious veggie sandwich and a big salad to get me energized. The people at Babies 'R' Us were very nice. Maryanne (from Pittsburgh) stared into my soul as she explained lots of things to me, many of which I already know (thanks to Lynn!) We took the info from her along with my awesome list Lynn helped me make last weekend over lunch. We went through each section. Kary had the scanner mostly because I am incredibly indecisive. I would have wavered between every option. We spent about 2 hours at babies 'r' us and a worker named Dean would pop up every few aisles and explain things that Maryanne already told us. Kary would pretend to shoot himself with the scanner as Dean walked away. But he was a sweet little old hairy man. We registered for a lot there and after about 4 trips to the bathroom, a few rests in the glider and sore feet we were done and off to target.
When we got to target it was a much different experience...no congratulations...no help. Just a pissy woman handing us a scanner and saying, "You're supposed to get a gift bag but we haven't had any in months so...yeah." We knew just what we wanted at target due to our weekly visits so we started scanning away. It was not as overwhelming. We didn't get as much and may need to add some stuff. We weren't there too long and by the time we left it was pouring down rain.
When we got home we decided to take a look at everything we already have and we pulled it all out of the closet.





By the time we did this we were so tired but managed to somewhat organize it and put it all back in. She already has quite a lot for such a small person.






After a very long day now I have a hyper baby. I was eating some mac 'n' cheese and while resting my bowl on my belly she let out a kick..I think she approves of all the stuff we picked out ;-)



1 comment:

  1. now you know it was london kicking you saying "hey mom, take that crap back!" lol!

    ReplyDelete