Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sweet Baby Girl :-)




Monday, May 10th was the day we finally got to meet who has been swimming around in me the past 19 weeks! The experience was amazing! Kary and I had been counting down the days mainly due to our insane curiosity of wanting to know if we were going to have a daughter or son. We never imagined it would be such a cool experience. We arrived to the OBGYN at 3:30. We were called right in to the ultrasound room. The room was big and dark. The nurse had me hop up on the table and put the goo on my belly (surprisingly warm goo) There was a screen mounted up on the wall and one behind me. The nurse started moving the wand around my belly and instantly started clicking pictures and labeling them. For about the first 5 minutes I had no idea what I was looking at. Apparently it was baby's bladder and some inner guts of mine. Then we saw a flash of a spine which was very cool. The nurse said she already had a good idea of the sex of the baby and referred to the baby having a "hamburger" which means GIRL! I was instantly thrilled. I would have been just as happy with a boy but I secretly really wanted a girl. Apparently little baby girl was feeling shy and was burrowed into my pelvis (really making me have to pee) She stayed like this for almost 10 minutes as the nurse was jamming the wand into my pelvis trying to get her to flip around. I even got up at one point and peed (in the toilet) and danced around the bathroom trying to get her to turn over. When I returned she was still keeping her head down but after I gave her a stern talking to.."Listen baby, my insurance only covers one sonogram so you better flip your ass around and show me your adorable little face before you really piss me off!" (the nurse enjoyed this) She actually listened and the next movement we saw was her turning around and putting her thumb into her mouth. So cute! Then we switched to 3-D and saw her dainty little face...we instantly fell in love! Sure she was sort of alien-like but our little alien. Kary kept his eyes glued to the screen and stopped at one point and said, "Shit, I have a daughter." but he said it happily :-) We ended up being the last appointment that day and got to watch her dance around and rock out in my belly for about an hour. We saw her little mouth opening and closing and we saw the four chambers of her heart beating strong (relief to me considering her mom's heart lately!) Her heart rate was at 161/ minute.
When the nurse was all done with the measurements we went to another room to meet with the doctor. We couldn't stop looking at the pictures. Now it seems so real!! When the doctor came in he said and I quote, "You got a phenomenal kid here" wow! I don't think the news could have been better. Her head measured great, no cleft lip, and her growth rate is right on target...except, she has long legs, which is not too much of a surprise considering the lanky Chesley girl genes. This made us very happy. Of course, she still has a lot more growing to do and we would love her phenomenal or not. Now it's time to get that tutu and figure out how to outfit all her rock 'n' gear with a splash of pink.

Today I fell asleep with Brixton on my side and my hand on my belly. Baby girl was kicking around and we all napped together. Girls rule! Kary and Brooklyn better watch out ;-)
















"hamburger" privates


her cute little profile

No comments:

Post a Comment