Tuesday, June 8, 2010

good dogs, ocean breeze and doctor update

hello from dad! I have a feeling this will be his face after he's had enough baby screaming...




This past weekend the Filos came to visit. Kary and I were nervous about how Brooklyn and Brixton would do with tiny Isla and wild Mason coming to our house. Brooklyn growls at kids from afar and wasn't too friendly to Mason when he was a baby. We really did not want there to be drama and we wanted them to behave so when we bring our baby home they will be good with her. To our surprise they were awesome! Brooklyn just wandered around as usual and didn't bark or growl at all. Brixton followed Isla around as she crawled and licked her toes and fingers. They were good friends and Isla kept giggling and crawling after Brixton trying to grab her nub. One less thing to worry about in all this baby prepping.
Saturday we all met up in Myrtle beach. Kary and I didn't get there until about 10:00pm. However, we still managed to get some time in the lazy river and I got to soak my feet in the jacuzzi (not best place for a preggo). We were up at 6am the next day and ready for some beach/ pool action. I spent most of the day hopping over waves and sitting on shore letting the water crash all over me. We jumped from the beach to the pools and it was awesome to enjoy the water and sun. Being pregnant limited me in ways I am not used to. First of all I felt very insecure walking around in my maternity bathing suit. I felt gigantic! I did not let anyone take my picture and felt like I was about 300 pounds. Everyone had cocktails at the pool...not me...and I could not boogie board which I love. But, it's all about sacrifices and I do it all for my baby girl.
Yesterday I went to my monthly OBGYN appointment. In 23 weeks I have gained 13 pounds..which I think is great! I have gained nothing since my last appointment. The doctor said I am right on track and really only need to gain about 25 pounds total. Baby girl's heartbeat is 153/ minute and I am measuring fine. My doctor gave me the ok to go back on my asthma meds (thank god!) and prescribed me some antibiotics for this nasty cold I've had for weeks. My next appointment I will need to have the sugar test to check for pregnancy diabetes.
I only have 2 more days of school..then 2 days of clean up and I am free! After the past few months I really need a break and a good rest for my body. I can't wait to just relax and take care of me and baby. Kary and I are getting excited about the baby shower and she has been kicking like crazy lately. Now I can see my belly bouncing and can feel her much easier. She's a rambunctious little one...can't wait to meet her in 17 weeks :-)




a co-worker of mine gave me this adorable bunny themed gift today. It is a sleeper, bib, blanket, socks and booties. She also gave us a big pack of receiving blankets. She is so sweet. Patricia rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment