Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Shower/ Family Weekend





Saturday was our baby shower thrown by my mama. We drove to PA Friday morning. The weather during the drive was amazing and it felt so great to be able to breath for once! We did get caught in some weird detour in WV which sent us on a weird nature trail. It involved a red pick-up truck and lots and lots of potholes...anyways..when we got to PA Jess and her kids were already there and we were greeted by a hug from Mason, my mom and dad, Goob and Jess. Baby Isla was napping. I think they were quite surprised with how large my belly has gotten since they have seen me last. We didn't waste anytime and went for a swim. I luckily found a pretty cute bathing suit at Motherhood Maternity the day before we left. We stuffed our faces with all kinds of junk that night and I realized I better keep my body in check. My mom had all my cravings...sour patch kids, chips, m&m's...etc...it was dangerous.
The next morning was the shower. My mom had the house spotless as usual. The tables were set and her adorable owl favors were set up at each place settings. She even had a surplus of "Kary & Sara" wine glasses from our wedding. The caterer showed up around 11:30 and was definitely from 1985 (well her hair was) My grandma was the first to arrive, then very quickly my mom's house was filled with about 30 women all talking at the same time. My friends I only see about once a year or less were able to come...Julie from Edinboro and Staci from Pittsburgh! :-) (didn't get any pics with them...sucks) It was great to see them. Plus my cousin Becky came from VA. We were able to catch up a bit but the shower went so fast. Kary stayed and we had veggie sandwiches, fruit cups and cake. I have been obsessed with cake lately. Then it was time to open presents. Kary and I sat on the couch and Mason helped open. He was so cute getting so excited about every gift. We got lots of great stuff. It was fun to open them all with Kary. After gifts the shower quickly came to an end. We said goodbye to everything and took another look at all our loot. That night we had a bonfire and ate smores. It was a great time. Mason even ran around catching fireflies.
On Sunday we had a lazy day. We laid by the pool and got a bit of a tan..aka..suburn. I was sad to leave everyone on Monday. It will be at least 3 months before I see them again...but it will be a very happy time because they will be meeting our baby girl! Everyone in my family got to feel her kick while we were there...I think she was showing off. It was an awesome time in PA and the next time we are up there will be Christmas and we'll have our baby girl with us...crazy!








1 comment: