Friday, November 12, 2010

Dr. Rollins Rocks!!


Today I went in for my 6 week postpartum check-up. I requested the same doctor that delivered the baby and brought Kary and London along to see her. The nurse checked my blood pressure and did a finger prick. The sonogram technician who told us we were having a girl also stopped in to see us. She opened the door and said, "Let me see that adorable girl!" We started to say, "Ummm..." and she cut us off and said while laughing, "I heard ya'll and I just wanted to say I'm sorry." I explained that we didn't blame her because it would be hard to tell with his hypospadias. We also thanked her for the big surprise and we all laughed about it.
I went into the exam room with my boys to wait for Dr. Rollins. We wrote her a thank you card and bought her a red robin giftcard because she always talked about how much she loved to eat there. When she came in we had the card propped in London's hands. She greeted us with a huge smile and said everyone still talks about my labor and how I was a "rockstar" during my insane delivery. She also remembered the knee-high striped pirate socks I was wearing that day. She immediately commented on how adorable London was and asked to hold him. While she was holding him she told Kary he was a model dad during the delivery. She said some husbands leave the room or just sit on the couch. Kary was right there in the "action" (gross!) and was super supportive. That made me very happy that she noticed how awesome he was through it all. :-)
My parts (yuck) healed nicely since I received multiple stitches. She told me that she was saying "ouch" as she was performing the procedure that allowed our giant baby to pass into the world (trying to state that as least disgusting as possible) She loved our card and took the time to talk with us and answer some questions and remininse. She said that my next delivery should be a breeze and she'd love to be the one to deliver again. That actually didn't scare me because we plan on having about 3 kids. London was so good during the visit and the nurses were all stopping and commenting on how adorable he is. Dr. Rollins hugged us and told us we are so awesome she wants to adopt all 3 of us...haha. I am so grateful to have such an amazing doctor like her and an incredibly supportive husband and adorable baby. I am the luckiest....

No comments:

Post a Comment