Friday, January 21, 2011

My Baby's Eating My Brain!!!









Ever since becoming a mommy my brain has been insane! I have always been stuck in my head and a busy person but it has gotten out of control lately. My mom has always said I was a busy girl and she even jokes that I was born within 45 mins because I had things to do. I am always thinking and worrying about everything and now being back to work I sometimes feel like I'm losing my mind. I put things in places and don't remember and sometimes words just seem to fall out of my mouth or I start mumbling incoherently. I have only been back for about 3 weeks (one week was only 2 days) and I am noticing things are getting easier. I am figuring out how to filter out certain parts of my life at certain times. I try not to worry about London at work and try not to worry about work when home. I still prefer to be home with him but I am doing ok. I still cry every night when I put him to bed and I sing to him about how I don't want to go to work...haha.
London is almost 4 months and is learning so many new things. Now he is standing amazingly on his legs and holding his head up. He is cooing and smiling like crazy and even belly laughs. He can grab toys and let go of them now. He is doing much better at tummy time and is drooling like crazy. He only poops once a week and we're thinking about changing his formula to fix that problem. He mostly has breastmilk but we've had to supplement since I don't produce enough milk now that I am back at work and can't pump as much as I should. He is scheduled for his next pediatrician appointment Feb. 10th and I think she might tell us he can start on rice cereal...That will be fun!
London had his first day at the babysitter Tuesday. He was only there about 3 1/2 hours and did awesome. That was the first time he was with someone other than a family member and the first time we left him somewhere. Luckily, I wasn't the one who had to drop him off.. Kary said he got teary-eyed when he dropped him off because he was looking at him like, "Daddy, where are you going?" But he did great and was smiling at the other kids and even took a nice nap.
Kary has been doing great being a stay-at-home dad. He does dishes, laundry and vacuums. Of course, this was after lots of nagging but he did it! Today London got his first bump on the head. Kary was changing his diaper in the car and he jerked his body in a pissy rage and bonked his head. It was just a tiny red spot...hopefully no damage ;-) haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment