Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Days!






The past few days I have felt like I'm back where I belong~ with my baby! Charlotte got hit suddenly with lots of snow and ice and school has been canceled for the past few days. Kary's salon has also been closed so we have been together as a family (sort of on lockdown..haha) for the past few days. It was so weird because I was sure there would be school Monday after getting up with London at 2:45am and there was not a flake of snow. Oddly, 2 hours later I got the call that school was closed and there was about 3 inches of snow on the ground! I instantly started screaming and jumping so excited to have a week day with my baby again. :-)
We took London out to "play" in the snow for the first time yesterday. He saw it in PA but only for a brief moment as we took him in and out of the car. The dogs love to run in the snow so we took them to their favorite spot to run. We carried London along. He was kind of cranky when we left the house because he hates wearing his snowsuit. He also pooped right when we got out which made him even more uncomfortable. He did ok. He seemed interested in it but really didn't care for it when daddy put some snow on his lip. We wiped it off quickly after we snapped the photo.
We have really been showering London with stimuli the past few days. We make sure to stop if he gets overwhelmed but our living room has definitely looked like a toy box threw up. I attached a ton of loops to his playmat and we have been singing and reading tons of books. He thinks daddy and I are pretty funny. Today he has been in a great mood...except when he had a huge poop explosion and we had to put him in the tub. He did not enjoy that poop and did a lot of screaming. He has been not pooping for days and then exploding...poor little guy :-(
The roads are still caked in ice and we are unable to leave the house. That means tomorrow we may be home again...haha. I definitely love the time with London but it is getting stuffy in here. Perhaps we'll do some ice skating out in front of the house later (London will be inside with one of us of course...haha) Oh yeah and Seseame Street rocks! I watched it for the first time in like 10 years today.










Here are a few pictures of an adorable outfit daddy put him in...the same outfit he exploded poop in about an hour later.












No comments:

Post a Comment