Sunday, February 20, 2011

Life with London...


Life with London is crazy! I have managed to lose all my baby weight and I can see why. I am constantly on the move and never sit down. I do have some serious toning to do though before summer. After I eat, I look about 4 months pregnant.
London is now grabbing objects and putting everything in his mouth. He can hold small objects (straw) and keep a good grip. He can sit up on his own for a few seconds before tipping over. He also recognizes his bottle. He'll yell at it from across the room and try to feed himself. He hasn't quite mastered that but sure tries. He also buries his head in my chest and hugs me. He gives me this adorable smile and nuzzles...best feeling ever!!
He is becoming more and more independent every day. He is now about the size of a 6 month old (chunky monkey) and can sit in his stroller like a big boy. I have also been carrying him into stores instead of carrying his super heavy carseat. He is so good in stores and just checks everything out. He is really starting to hate his carseat. He figured out how to try to escape and straightens out his body while he's getting strapped in. It's cool how he's independent but kind of annoying when we're trying to go somewhere...haha. He also is obsessed with making this elephant noise thing with his mouth. He grunts a lot too. It cracks me up because he'll make this crazy noise for like a minute straight.
We've tried rice cereal but he's not much of a fan. He spits it out and prefers milk. Were going to wait on baby food until about 6 months. We put rice cereal in his bottle at night and it's been helping him sleep a little better but he still gets up 2-3 times a night...lucky me...haha
On Friday Kary brought London in to school to have lunch with me. My students went nuts when he came into the cafeteria. They all kept wanting to touch him. He stared at them in amazement but kept a straight face the whole time. It was hilarious. The girls all circled him at recess and were singing and cheering and he didn't crack a smile. I think he was freaked out...haha.
We have an appointment for London on Thursday at Cranial Technologies. They are going to evaluate him for a Doc Band and hopefully he can get it on (and off) soon. The sooner, the better. We are going to rock it out with stickers. We hope he'll adjust easily. He also is scheduled for surgery in a few months...another thing we wanna get behind us!
London has had a cough today. We got him a frog humidifier and are hoping he feels better soon. Uncle Josh is coming this week so he's gotta be ready to chill :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment