Friday, April 8, 2011

Nana and Papa!

My parents came to visit for the weekend and it had been 3 months (christmas) since they have seen little London. I could not wait for them to see all the new things he is doing. The last time they saw him he was barely smiling and now he's laughing sitting up and is a crazy little (big) baby! My mom grabbed him instantly when she walked in the door and he clung right to her. There were even a few times that he dove out of my arms to grab his "nana". He must have sensed her somehow since he may have not remembered her from back when he was a blob.
Friday night we ordered pizza and relaxed. London and my mom danced together and we had a nice night talking.

On saturday we went to the wine vault and had a great time drinking wine outside and being our usual crazy selves. There were tons of dogs there and one lady would not stop pinching London's cheeks and kept trying to get her pug to pay attention to him. We spent that night cooking out at Risa and Brent's. London was exhausted and cranky and barely napped. My dad got him to sleep by pushing him in his stroller in circles around the pool and singing Irish ballads. It was so cute!
On Sunday we took a trip to ikea and my dad babysat London. Even though he "doesn't do diapers" he did an awesome job taking care of London. They chilled together outside.
Later on Sunday we went to Jetton Park and walked the trails. London also got to feel sand for the first time. He liked it. We then went to Loco Lime for dinner and my parents got me a cake for an early birthday.
















We had such a great weekend but my parents wear me out! Somehow 50-somethings seem to have more energy than me...and my dad was even walking with a cane! That's when I realized that mommy-hood and lack of sleep have really taken a toll on me. It's also due to the insane allergies here and my lack of oxygen with all these asthma triggers. I have felt so exhausted and worn out. I am hoping summer will bring better health. I did officially quit nursing and back on meds which are helping a little.


We will be back in PA May 7th and my parents are going to come to Pittsburgh to meet up...I guess they just can't get enough of our amazing little guy...and probably wanna see us a little too ;-)

1 comment: