Friday, June 10, 2011

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life...


I am trying to make this my motto...and it's always fun to sing along with Monty Python. "Life's a piece of shit, when you look at it, but always look at the bright side of life."...haha.
I have had a very emotional few weeks as far as my job goes. I have taught at the same school for 7 years and teach 2nd grade. I really do love this grade but was feeling ready to move on. While on maternity leave I was out 3 months and came back, jumped right in, and rocked it for the last 5 months of school~all while raising an infant and only sleeping a very few hours a night. I requested a change in grade level, and all I got was an 8th year sentence in 2nd grade and kicked out of my awesome, big, classroom that I have worked hard to make my own over the past 7 years. Yep. moving to a trailer classroom. I am not going to go any further with this topic because my motto is now, "always look on the bright side of life." Even though things aren't handed to me, like some people, I shouldn't be surprised and really prefer it this way. I always work for what I have and don't kiss ass to get ahead. Rebel at heart. Always. The most important thing I need to remember is that the kids I teach love me. I hold a special place in their hearts and touch their lives. Today was the last day of school and every single child cried when I showed them the special movie of memories I made for them. They kept telling me how much they love me and how much they were going to miss me. It is great to feel that important and always reminds me why I do what I do. I work with a challenging group of kids and despite all the stuff I deal with, I am always proud that I have a job that is so inspiring, difficult, and only a few people can do it successfully.
With all this said, I decided to stop being so negative about stuff, I mean, come on, I have the world's cutest baby, a great husband who spoils me, a good career that I love, 2 adorable boxers, and a place to live, food to eat, a nice car to drive and an amazing family. Besides, the name of my blog is "I am the luckiest." I am not going to let my resentment issues with my job get me down. I have the next 2 months home with my amazing son! I remember last year thinking ahead about how wonderful my next summer would be with a baby. He makes everything so much better. It is amazing to have someone make you feel so loved and important. When I am not with him I always picture his adorable little face and his squishy thighs and arms. Now I will actually be able to kiss and squeeze him whenever I want to! He is my everything.
We have noticed a lot of people commenting on how cute London is out in public and just this week a bunch of people have admitted to stalking him on my facebook page...haha. There is something really special about him and I'm glad the rest of the world sees it too.
London is zooming along in his language and motor skill development. He is making the craziest sounds lately and Kary swears he said, "Fred Savage" the other day. It is funny to take his sounds and translate them into random words. He is also now getting up on his knees and rocking...no actual knee crawling yet but he can get across a room fast with rolls. We are going to stock up on baby proofing supplies this weekend. This summer should be exciting and crazy! I am thrilled to be with him everyday to experience all these changes...life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment