Monday, June 20, 2011

D-Band Update (and drama...)


I took London to his helmet appointment on Thursday. It has been a while since I have been there. We got a new lady that has never seen him before. I didn't really like her. She measured his head and informed me that his head did not grow at all in 17 days. Then she told me to feed him wheaties and laughed. Hmmm, considering he is 8 months old, I think I will refrain from feeding my baby dry corn flakes. And really?! He is not growing fast enough for ya, eh?! haha...the kid is HUGE! Anyways, the reason I am getting feisty is because she informed me that his head just isn't taking to the $3,000 helmet and that they recommend he get fitted for an additional helmet that will indeed cost another $3,000. Then she asked if I had a husband or something (not sure what something is) I told her I did, indeed have my child in wedlock and proceeded to inform her that he will not be purchasing another helmet. She responded that his head is wide in the back, a-symmetrical, and still slanted. Well, isn't that your helmet's job?! ugh! Anyways, I took some funny pictures of him as I had to entertain him for 20 minutes with a foam cast of his flat head on a stick...yeah pretty creepy. He still wears this helmet for about 2 weeks and then he "graduates." But apparently without honors since he'll still have an "imperfect" head. Rubbish! My baby is perfect!
Just another day in the life of London. He is Kary and my baby so it is a requirement to be high maintenance~ and cute, of course.




No comments:

Post a Comment