Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stay-at-Home Mommy, Crawling, 5 New Teeth, Daddy's Day!!!




I am now home with London for the summer and I am LOVING it! When I had to leave him in January I could not wait to be together all the time again and now it's here! He is now a permanent fixture on my hip...when he's not crawling around and exploring of course. It seems like he waited for me to start doing all these amazing things. In just the past few weeks he is saying so many new sounds. He says "da da" and makes all kinds of other crazy sing-song sounds. He even sings along in the car if a good song comes on..haha. He is also starting to pull himself up on furniture and is finally crawling! We knew he'd be a little late on the mobility due to his chunkiness but he has it all figured out now. He is fast too and it's quite a wake-up call to parents who are used to placing their baby in one spot and him staying there.






He always lunges for stuff he can't have and now has started tantruming if we take it away. His tantrums consist of fake crying and jerking his head back. He also tantrums when we change his diaper, get him dressed, strap him in his car sear, put him in his high chair or put his helmet on. All these activities are keeping him from exploring and that pisses him off! The worst part is that he is so used to the helmet and slams his head back. This will be a problem when he gets his helmet off. It sucks when he gets hurt but it is so cute when he has a little lip quiver and reaches up for me. I snuggle him and do the perfect combination of, you're ok big boy and come here my sweet little injured baby face.




London has 5 new teeth. He is actually doing ok despite the pain. We are giving him tylenol a few times a day and the drool is insane. His sleeping has been pretty crazy too but we know he's in pain so I've been pretty lenient with the sleeping routine. I am a sucka! His new teeth are just in time to try tofu, lentils, and chunky baby food next month! We tried little finger food "puffs" but he is not quite ready and tries to swallow them whole. We'll wait a bit longer on those.











Sunday was Father's Day and it was Kary's first with London on the outside ;-) We woke up daddy with waffles, orange juice, and coffee. I ordered him a tie with London's picture all over it and a card that London signed. Unfortunately I had to work my online job a few hours in the morning so we didn't do anything too exciting :-( But Kary enjoyed his baby all day, despite the teething crankiness.

1 comment:

  1. i just bought that stripped tank from children's place for our little guy for next summer!

    ReplyDelete