Saturday, September 29, 2012

Almost 2 and 5 weeks to go!



I can't believe London is going to be 2 in less than a week. It seems like he was born only yesterday but at the same time it feels like he's been part of our lives forever. We can't believe how much he's grown in the past year (not so much in size but a TON in development) He is talking so much. He shocks us with how well he remembers things and how much he can say even though we never exclusively taught him those words or phrases.
London has been really into daddy lately. He requests that daddy and him "talk" every night before bed. It's super cute. They talk about their days and London talks about stickers and thomas and dora. He will say funny stuff like, "mommy grey car drives fast...vrrooooom!" and tries to bust me for speeding (which I don't do..hahah)
We are having London's party tomorrow and his birthday is Friday. He is so excited for his party and his Thomas cake. Kary even got him an outfit from the Heidi Klum collection to wear to his party...it's super cute. I will be sure to post lots of pictures from the party.





 Baby #2 is doing great. I am scheduled for an appointment this Thursday and then I will start going every week. We are getting close! I have about 5 and a half weeks left. It is crazy because I have felt really incredible lately. I get the occasionally pains in my ribs and back but for the most part I forget I am even pregnant (except for all the adorable little kicks and hiccups) She has really been an easy baby on the inside. It may be the calm before the storm. It may just be that she's tiny and isn't straining my body like my almost 9 pound baby boy.

Kary and I are getting very excited and I am trying to tie up loose ends at work. I got an awesome replacement for my maternity leave. I am loving my new job and my kids. I was a bit overwhelmed in the beginning but have found my niche and although I'm still crazy busy, things are slowing down. My kids are well-behaved and love me and admin seems to be very supportive of everything. I just have to make sure I eat every few hours or I get faint. I am also crazy and trying to work up until Nov. 9th and I am due on the 8th...but measuring for the 11th. I meet with the maternity lady Monday and we'll see how long I can make it ;-) If she stays this easy I may make it to that date. I can't wait to hold her and cuddle her and see London interact with her. I am also looking forward to time at home with my babies, late nights with the husband, the occasional glass of wine and getting a break from the crazy life of being a teacher. I feel so incredibly lucky to have the life I have...oh yeah, and I get to see my parents in about 5 weeks! My mom is the best helper.


No comments:

Post a Comment