Sunday, October 7, 2012

London Turns 2!!

family photo :-)
It's so hard to believe that my little boy is 2 years old! I feel like he was just born. We didn't plan on going all out for his birthday party this year but it turned out to be a pretty big event and he got lots of gifts and had a fantastic time. Kary and I invited friends from work and they brought kids. We went with a Thomas theme and London was sooo excited when it all came together. He was so cute when we sang and was very social during the party. He is still a little confused about opening presents and kept walking away after he opened one even though there were plenty more to open. He kept getting more presents as the week was going on and would say, "mooooore presents??" He seems pretty grateful.
ready to party!

hugging Aubrey...such a flirt.

"cheeeeese" with Aunt Risa

blowing out candles

Thomas cake!

mmm...frosting!


present chaos!

playing with Dexter

buddies



April and Jason



cake with Aubrey



nana and papa Gaffney

he was soooo happy when we sang :-)

On his actual birthday I had to work. I really wanted to be with him but I can't take off work since I am going on maternity leave soon. Kary took him out to breakfast, grandma Gaffney brought him cupcakes, and we gave him some gifts when I got home. We also took him to my school's Fall Festival and he got to see a camel, llama, zebra, a fire truck, and a police car. He also got to eat a snow cone and some popcorn. He looooved the snow cone. When we got home we sang to him and he ate another cupcake (I ate 3!) and then we let him stay up as late as he wanted. He made it longer than me and ended up falling asleep on my chest ( I was sleeping too)...he ended his 2nd birthday the same way he started his life..on mommy's chest.
our first meeting
I love this little boy more than I thought my heart could ever handle. ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment