Saturday, October 27, 2012

38 weeks...anytime now



I went to my 38 week appointment yesterday. I was excited to see Dr. Rollins because I haven't seen her in a few weeks. I did the usual of peeing in a cup, getting my weight (yikes!) and blood pressure...all were good. The nurse came in and listened to the baby's heart and it was still in the 170's. She was bouncing all over and kicking the doppler. I was a little worried that maybe that's too high but the doctor said it just means she's happy...ha.
The doctor checked and I am still 80% effaced and now 1cm dilated. I guess this doesn't really mean anything. Labor is unpredictable but she did say second babies come quicker and I need to be sure to go to the hospital when my contractions are 5-7 minutes apart and last an hour. I am starting to get nervous since I am still working. I really don't want to go into labor at work. Dr. Rollins gave me her schedule and really wants us to deliver with her...it sucks because I have an only 1 in 7 chance of her being on call when I go in labor. She said that I could be induced but I don't want to force my body before it's ready...plus I want the excitement.
London is starting to have a lot of anxiety and for some reason will not sleep in his room. We have been letting him sleep with us because he totally flips out. He told Kary's mom that he wants to sleep with us because the baby gets to...that is so sweet. We are not sure what we are going to do when the baby comes and we have 2 babies sleeping in our room.
I am nesting like crazy and can't stop cleaning...which is good. I have had a few braxton hicks contractions...but no real contractions...I'm starting to get scared of giving birth again but my doctor said this time should be much easier...we'll see...for now, I'm cleaning, packing, working, taking care of London, eating a ton, and waiting in terror, excitement, anticipation for our next little miracle ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment