Saturday, October 20, 2012

19 More Days....getting ready

hospital bag supplies
room is ready

can't wait to rock her :-)

Kary just needs to raise up the mattress
after Kary raised the mattress
got the boppy, playmat, and bouncy seat (cushion in wash) ready

she is not lacking clothes...this doesn't count the pants, hats, socks, tights, bib....etc.


 
I had my 37 week appointment on Wednesday and the doctor checked to see if I had made any progress. She checked me and I was 80% effaced but no dilation yet. The doctor said I am now considered full term and she really can come at any time now. This kind of freaked us out because we have not tackled our to-do list. So, this weekend we went out and got stuff we know we will need and are going to pack our hospital bag, baby's bag, London's bag and set up the bassinet, install the car seat base, clean the car, wash sheets and blankets, etc. I also am obsessed with needing things cleaned and this is stressing me out because I am so sore and tired all the time.

37 week belly
The baby is measuring great and her heart rate is still in the 160's...I asked the nurse if that was normal and she said I just have a very active baby. She was kicking the heart monitor wand the whole time the nurse was trying to get her heart rate.
I have gained 32lbs so far which is more than I wanted but less than with London so I'm not too concerned. London seems to be getting excited when we tell him the baby is coming but I don't think he really understands.
We have a closet full of clothes, like 100's of baby girl items so we are ready with all that. Her room is ready to go and I am feeling good about being able to use all that stuff we had in storage for 2 years...ha.
I am still working and plan to work up until the 9th. I don't know if I can make it but I'm going to try. I still don't have a sub to cover my class (lady cancelled) and my sick days still haven't transferred to my new job...I am hoping this stuff comes together over the next few weeks so I can relax.
For now I am just stuffing my face, cleaning, working my butt off at work (parent conferences), and  waiting patiently and anxiously for our new little arrival. I am constantly wondering what she'll look like, what she'll be like and how she will fit into our little family. It is a very exciting scary time. I am remembering the horror of labor and starting to really not wanna do that again..ha...But, the reward is remarkable and London's birth was the most exciting day of my life. I should be grateful I get to do it all over again...well, most of it ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment