Saturday, July 10, 2010

new hair...still can't breath...trimester #3!!!!



This weather is sucking the life out of me...literally!...today I had to lie down for 2 hours because I seriously could not catch my breath enough to even walk around and do basic cleaning. It has been in the 90's pretty much every day since school let out. It doesn't help that I have a squished diaphragm and "little bitty" sticking her limbs into my ribs. I am trying not to complain though. I am very lucky to have a healthy baby and an awesome husband. We had a doctor's appointment Friday. We got up early and went to see Toy Story 3 in 3D. It was awesome! We loved it. I cried 3 times. I was already thinking about my baby growing up super fast..and I have always felt like toys got sad when I had to donate them...haha. Now I either give them to my students and can also pass them down to my daughter. Anyways, after the movie we went to my appointment where I had to drink this glucose flat orange soda-tasting drink to check for gestational diabetes. I'll get my results in a few days. It made me pretty nauseated. I then had to wait an hour and the they drew my blood...good times. Kary read an entire "New Parent" magazine while we waited and he learned a lot. I have really been reading and prepping this week. My best friend Lynn gave me 2 different books and they are all awesome. "What to Expect When You're Expecting" (of course), "Mayo Clinic", and "Babywise". The last one is all about feeding and establishing good sleep habits. I have learned sooo much in the past few days. The nurse also gave us a pamphlet on pre-term labor and signs of labor...that must mean we're getting close! ahh! Also, I now start going to the doctor every 2 weeks instead of 4. The nurse also told me to start keeping track of her kicks. She said by now she should be in a routine of active and sleep. I have noticed a ton of kicking..particularly when my ribs ache or my belly starts jumping right before my eyes. Today I started keeping track and have noticed she starts rockin out almost exactly every 2 hours. I hope that doesn't mean she'll only sleep for 2 hours at a time ;-) I gained more weight then I was hoping but it is really beyond my control so I am not going to stress or obsess. I have had a lot of difficulty breathing so I have not been working out and of course that's gonna pack on the pounds. I really have been eating pretty healthy so I am doing what I can. I'll just have to hit the workout hard once I pop this cutie out. Lastly, Kary spent 3 hours on my hair today. He colored it, cut it, and styled it and it ROCKS! He didn't let me see the whole time and I was thrilled when I saw it...who says you can't be a hot rock 'n' roll mama?!

No comments:

Post a Comment