Thursday, October 14, 2010

11 days of London...


London turned 11 days old yesterday (our lucky number) we are starting to see a lot more personality with our little boo. We are also starting to notice a lot more wake time and crying ;-) Luckily, he only cries when he needs changed or is hungry (which is all the time!..ha) London has been to target a few times and even lowes hardware, ikea and garden ridge. He is such a good baby. He loves his car seat and just sleeps through the entire trip. Even when people ask to look at him he just sleeps sweetly almost as if he knows how cute he is.
My mom was here for 5 days after London was born and she was such a HUGE help. It was so awesome to have her help me with the hell that is breastfeeding ;-) and she always took London about 7am so Kary and I could go back to sleep. That was fantastic those first few days when I was still in so much pain. She also kept the house super clean (only person who cleans like me..hehe) and took awesome care of Brooklyn and Brixton. She spoiled them with about 5 walks a day. My mom is a lot like me and does not sit still so she didn't mind helping.
I love watching Kary with London. He cracks me up. He is always making comments when London does funny stuff with his hands. He grabs his chest when he sucks down milk and Kary says he's having a fat baby heart attack and when he plays with his hands Kary says he is devising an evil plan...it really does look like it.
The scab on London's head is completely gone and you can't even tell he had that giant laceration. His hair growth is also completely normal in that spot even though the pediatrician said it may be a bald spot...doctors always predict the worst...stupid. London will need to meet with a urologist in a few months for a condition he was born with called "Hypospadias" it is a somewhat common birth (congenital) defect in which the opening of the urethra is on the underside, rather than at the end, of the penis. His penis is also wrapped in extra skin and will need to be operated on and straightened out when he is 5 months old :-( The surgeon will also have to move his urethra. As of now, he still sprays pee across the room and looks pretty normal but after the surgery he will have a perfect penis..haha. This condition may be why the ultrasound tech thought he was a girl. His penis was not as visible as if he did not have the condition....enough of the penis talk...haha.
London has his 2 week doctor's appointment tomorrow. I am taking him solo and it will be my first time driving with him in the car. At his first appointment Kary and I forgot the diaper bag and he pooped within minutes of being in the patient room. We had to change him and wrap him in a paper towel...I'll be sure to remember diapers tomorrow. At his last appointment he was in the 75th percentile for height and weight and a bit above average in head size. He weighed 8lbs 11oz....my big boy. I think now he's about up to 9lbs...especially with all the milk he drinks.
I have lost 24 pounds so far and have about 20 more to go. I'm sure the last 20 will be the hardest. I bought a scale to keep track but can't work out until 4 weeks postpartum...then hello wii!!! That's all for now...time to cuddle my little bugaboo♥

Here are some pictures taken over the past 11 days...








No comments:

Post a Comment