Wednesday, October 20, 2010

London's calling........




London is now 2 weeks and 1 day old. He has changed so much already since he was born. He spends much more time with his eyes wide open checking things out. He also spends a lot more time crying. We were bragging early on about how good of a sleeper he is but lately he's been screaming and spending most of the night awake and keeping us exhausted. He usually wakes up every 3 hours but then it takes me almost 2 hours to feed him, burp him and get him back to sleep. He thinks 4am is party time. We are also having feeding issues. He is a rough little dude during breastfeeding so rather than make myself sick and in tears I trade off between pumping bottles and breastfeeding. He has been getting very cranky while eating. It's almost like he doesn't get the milk fast enough and gets all pissed about it and lets us know. Also, he eats a lot and quick and gets angry when we stop him to burp him and sometimes he projectile pukes because he doesn't take a breath. Last night he covered me in barf as well as the bed and himself. Luckily, Kary's boss gave us about 20 pairs of pajamas so a wardrobe change in the middle of the night is much easier. London poops a lot and has a diaper rash :-( But butt paste is working well. Sometimes we go through 3 diapers in one changing because he decides to pee or poop in his new diaper...haha.
London's umbilical cord is now hanging by a string. We cannot wait to see his little belly button and give him a real bath! Gotta get some use out of his cool whale tub. The doctor put a chemical on it to speed up the process and it's working!
London had his 2 week doctor appointment on Monday. I took him alone and was so proud that I got us both ready and there on time. I even managed to straighten my hair and wear my skinny jeans! His appointment went great. He cried a lot because he hates being in just his diaper. He was also hungry. He weighs 9lbs 9oz now and 22 inches long. He is still in the 75th percentile for weight and height and in the 50th for head size. His head did not scar and the doctor was very impressed on how it healed. His breathing was great and she said he must be eating very well. She gave me some info on how to make sure I don't overfeed him and that has been helpful. London always has the hiccups and grandma Gaffney is going to pick him up some gripe water today to help with that. He got them all the time in the womb too.
We are almost finished with his room make-over. We replaced the pink flower light with the same kind from ikea but got the green bug instead. We ordered a new picture for his wall, got a new bed skirt and bumper and grandma Gaffney is making new curtains with very cute fabric we picked out from ikea. I will post pics when it's finished.
London is keeping me very busy and it's been rough with Kary working long hours. But he's bringing home great $ and has been an amazing dad juggling it all. I can't wait to see what is in store for us next. I get excited every time I wake up and see how London has changed. He woke up today with long eye lashes! so cute! Well this was probably the most random blog post ever but I am going on about 4 hours of sleep...and of course, London is calling!.....



No comments:

Post a Comment