Monday, October 4, 2010

it's time!!!!.....to go home?? :-(



We went to bed around 11:30pm on Sunday night and I had some slight contractions about 10 minutes apart. I woke up about 1:30am and started to feel them more often and they were starting to hurt. By 2:00am I woke up Kary and we started timing them. They were exactly 5 minutes apart so we called the call line and the doctor called me back about 20 minutes later. She told us to come in so they could check to see if I was in labor. We grabbed our stuff and by now I was feeling pretty uncomfortable but no real pain. We got to the hospital about 3:00am and were greeted by a trashy lady in the parking lot asking me if I had a lighter. I shouted "no!" and walked into the emergency entrance. I told the man at the front desk, "Umm, I think I am in labor." A nice male nurse rolled out a wheelchair and put me in it. I was laughing because it really was not necessary yet. A nurse brought me up to the maternity floor a few minutes later. They took my info and we moved into "Triage" room 4. The nurse had me change into a hospital gown and started monitoring the baby's heartbeat and my contractions. They were still not really painful but 5 minutes apart. After about 30 minutes, the nurse checked my dilation...still 2cm (same as my last appointment) She told Kary and I to walk the halls for an hour to see if that would help dilation, if not they would send me home. So, for an hour from 4:00am-5:00...Kary and I walked in a circle around the maternity ward. We saw and heard tiny babies...they were so cute and wrapped like little burritos. We started to get excited..but we knew there was a good chance we'd be sent home. We drank ginger ale and my contractions were definitely 5 minutes at this point. At 5:00am the nurse came and got us and I was checked again. She said I was about 2 1/2-3cm and that was not enough. So, she monitored me for another 20 minutes and then had us walk another half hour. By this time, my contractions were strong. I had to keel over and brace myself for each one. We were hopeful that we would not be sent home. We returned to the room at 6:00am and to our despair my cervix did not cooperate. The nurse told me to go home and nap and eat and call when the contractions were 2 minutes apart or my water breaks. I was still having contractions at this point...which sucked. I was super bummed and felt kind of dumb for being sent home. On the way home the contractions were still strong and I wanted to cry. When we got home at 7:00am managed to fall asleep for about an hour. My contractions pretty much stopped for an hour and now at 11:00 they are starting to come and go sporadically. I moved my weekly doctor appointment to this morning at 11:45. Hoping for more progression with dilation. I really wanna meet Lou Lou tonight!!! We'll see....this pregnancy/labor stuff is so confusing :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment