Wednesday, November 28, 2012

2 Week Check-Up

super comfy on the exam table~ she was so good!
Izabelle had her 2 week appointment today. She is actually only 2 days from being 3 weeks but it was hard to get in close to the holidays. I had a playdate planned for London but she got sick so I braved it alone and took both kids to her appointment. Surprisingly, besides them both having meltdowns as we were leaving the house, things went very smoothly. London was a very good boy during the visit and sat on my lap and watched as the doctor examined Izzy.
Here are her 2 week stats: 8lbs 3 oz and 20 inches tall. She gained almost 2lbs in 2 weeks. She is still smaller than London was at birth but I think she will catch up soon, She sure eats a ton so I don't think growing will be a problem.
So far she has been a pretty good baby. I can usually calm her down and stop her crying with a feeding, diaper change, or some skin to skin cuddles. She is starting to be awake more during the day now. The past 3 nights have been a little rough as she wants to eat every 1.5-2 hours. Her nights and days have been mixed up but we have made our room extra dark and Kary downloaded a sound machine app to help her sleep better. It sort of worked but she still wakes up at least every 2 hours..the doctor said she should be doing 4 hour stretches by 1 month...so about 1 more week and I'm hoping this will happen.For now, I'm going to work on fattening her up and enjoying every second I have with my babies.
London occupying his time while we wait for the doctor

waiting for the doctor


2 crazy kids


No comments:

Post a Comment