Friday, August 27, 2010

Back to School....for now





Wednesday was the first day of school. I had a week to prepare my classroom and lessons but that is never enough time to get it all done. Kary helped me a ton and put together new bookcases and helped me clean and move all the heavy stuff. The room looks pretty good. My bulletin boards are kind of bare but I will be filling them next week with student work. Open House went really well. The parents were happy to meet me and I got nothing but positive comments about being pregnant. Most were excited and I even heard a few moms call me cute and say they liked me as they left.
I was actually pretty nervous the first day. Mostly because I was worried I'd have breathing or heart issues. Luckily, the day went awesome. I felt good, energetic and had the kids loving me within the first 15 minutes. I have a good group. They are talkative but so smart :-) It will be weird to leave them for 12 weeks in the hands of someone else, but I'm too excited about the baby to care...haha. After the first day I had giant blisters on my heels which does not help when I am already so uncomfortable. I had to drive home barefoot! Stupid cheap target shoes! Next week I have a full week. But only 22 more school days until my maternity leave! :-) yay!

































my big 35 week belly. Those are not stretch marks...they are sleep lines! I am so lucky to not have gotten any stretch marks at all....thanks palmer's cocoa butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment