Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dreaming of Lou...



9 months pregnant!...in the home stretch now. Our to-do list and items needed list are almost completely crossed out. We got the glider rocker for the nursery (thanks Morrisons!) which was our last piece of furniture we needed. My co-worker is also throwing me a shower at work so we may get a few more items, which we hadn't planned on. I mostly want the educational toys I registered for at Babies 'R' Us. We got a nice big soft rug for the living room...great play area for her when she gets a little bigger.
I had a doctors appointment yesterday. I gained more weight (yuck!) My weight gain is not up to 38 pounds....I was not planning on that but I actually think I still look pretty good. But I'm sure in about 3 weeks I will be a giant bloated whale. Her heart rate was at 150 at first then jumped down to 139. The nurse said she was happy about something. Maybe she is pumped that she's making her mama a fatty! Brat! haha....anyways the most exciting part was when Dr. Parks checked to see where her head was. It turns out she has already jumped her last somersault and has put herself head down and into position for birth. very exciting! Hopefully this means I can deliver her the old-fashioned way (with drugs of course!) But we'll find out soon enough. Being back to work has been insane. I am so incredibly busy I often forget I am even pregnant (except of course when I am walking to the bathroom and get a killer Braxton Hicks contraction) The kids are always wanting to rub my belly and it sometimes hurts. I tell them she's sleeping and when that doesn't work I just crazily shout, "Stop touching me!" I am on my feet almost all day and talking, walking, yelling, etc. The doctor said this should not cause me to go early and my body can handle the walking and being on my feet. I have only 2 days of teaching this coming week and then 3 full weeks before I go on leave. I finally found out who my replacement will be until Jan. 3rd and am meeting with her next week. I am busy preparing a binder for her with all she'll need to care for my little "babies". I'm sure I won't miss them much when I actually have my own baby ;-)
I can't stop thinking about my little baby girl. We refer to her as "Lou" and "Lou Lou." It's a name Kary came up with that goes sort of with her name ;-) and also stands for "Love of Us." We can't stop imagining what it will be like when she gets here...What will she look like? Will she cry a lot? Will she have hair? Will she be a good sleeper? I imagine her in her little monkey outfit bobbling around in her car seat. It all seems just too surreal. I can imagine her little body squished up in my belly and can feel her tiny little butt ramming into my side. I am even excited to change diapers and wake up to feed her. Kary and I are sooo ready but we do want her to wait it out the next 4 weeks so our time off work won't be screwed up. Today we are going to do some baby laundry and we get to spend the whole weekend together plus Labor Day :-) I guess we should enjoy the quiet (well Kary isn't ever quiet) company of each other before our world is rocked by a pint sized cutie pie. Until then I'll be dreaming of her....

1 comment: