Friday, September 10, 2010

belly full of elbows and knees!!!

"you ready for this?!"



Things are getting very crowded in here this week! I can very clearly feel distinct arms, legs, knees and elbows tumbling around in my belly. She is still staying quite active despite the total limited space in her current dwelling. She is probably about 5-6 lbs by now and the weight of carrying an almost full term baby has taken it's toll on my body this week. My sciatic nerve has been pinched causing a shooting pain that goes from my lower back down my leg. Sometimes I seriously cannot even walk when it really flares up. My ribs still hurt and sometimes burn when she wedges parts up there. Last night I had my first experience with swelling. I looked down to find my right food was suddenly puffy. I am used to just seeing bones and veins and none were visible...haha. I panicked at first but after elevating it a bit, the swelling went away. Speaking of swelling I am become a bloated beast. My face is starting to swell up, my legs look thicker and I can no longer fit into any of my pajama shorts or tops....it's so gross but I just keep remembering how much more excited I am to meet our new baby girl and I can always lose the weight after she arrives.
Kary and I had a great long Labor Day weekend. We got a lot of things done as far as baby prep goes. We cleaned out our room to fit the bassinet, we washed baby clothes (the smell of the detergent was so exciting!...baby smell!!!), we packed her hospital bag and picked out a few outfits she could wear on her way home, Kary cleaned out the garage and installed the base of the car seat. I even got a nursing bra and some new comfy pajama pants to wear at the hospital. The only items we still need are snacks and hard candy for delivery day and some new slippers for me to wear at the hospital.
Normally I'd have a doctors appointment today but there were no openings so I have to wait until Tuesday. Kary is super bummed because he has only missed one appointment and won't be able to make the next one. At this next one they will check to see my "progress" and see if labor is on it's way (aka dilation...haha) I really am hoping that she does not come early...unless a few days of course. I just have things planned and would like to keep dates...:-) October 2nd would work best for us baby...;-)
September 20th is our tour of the maternity ward at the hospital. We thought we were getting our tour last weekend but I screwed up and scheduled us for the hospital downtown and we ended up showing up in the waiting room with no tour planned. We were bummed.
September 23rd is my work shower. I am looking forward to getting a few more baby items. We are so grateful for all the stuff people have gotten us.....3 more weeks....just seems surreal!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment