Friday, September 24, 2010

work baby shower....10 more days!!!






Kary and I have so much stuff for baby Lou and we got even more this Thursday at my work shower! Two of my team members planned it for me. There was a very cool cake, some delicious "southern" punch and sugar babies, animal crackers, chex mix, etc. Perfect snacks for a fatty like me. Loren took lots of pics but I looked so AWFUL in them. I don't photograph very well anyways but with 40 extra pounds I look super gross....especially from the side...but enough of that....I am so grateful that I work with generous people who spend their time and $ buying something special for my little Lou. Not a lot of teachers could make it because it was after the school day and there were meetings and teacher stuff to do...but, they did get me a lot of stuff. We got lots of the last minute stuff we needed along with clothes, blankets, socks, a bumbo tray, rattles, a bottle dry rack, etc. Kary's brother Pat also sent us a tummy mat, an owl pillow for the room and a monkey robe. This morning I got even more stuff. Patricia from my work got us an adorable robe sleep sack with little ears to keep her warm when her little bobble head shivers. It's soooo cute! I'm sure we'll be using it very soon ;-)
I am now 10 days away from my due date and am super excited and terrified at the same time. The hospital tour did a good job of preparing me and allowing me to visualize where it will all go down.
I only have one more week of work to go. I am tying up loose ends and trying to prepare my students the best I can for my absence. I am going to miss them and I hate that they will lose me and my awesome talents for 10 weeks ;-) but being home with my baby girl is my top priority. I can't wait to spend my days snuggling her instead of yelling to 2nd graders all day...haha. I know it will not all be cuddles. I am prepared for no sleep, a screaming baby, poop, pee, barf, etc. I actually look forward to most of that..haha.
Kary got a promotion today which is awesome and just in time for daddyhood. He found out that he currently has 450 clients (they had to send an e-mail to notify that his prices went up) I am so proud!
My mom quit her job this week and retired which is awesome. I am hoping she can come stay a few extra days and I am happy she'll be more available to answer all my crazy mothering questions.
This weekend Kary and I are packing our hospital bag, doing some last minute baby laundry and trying to relax. It may be our last weekend ever as childless people! A crazy thought!


No comments:

Post a Comment