Thursday, December 30, 2010

12 weeks and here's what's up with London






London is just a few days away from being 3 months old! I cannot believe how fast my maternity leave has flown by. I return to work on Monday. I don't even like to think about it. It's not that I don't like my job, I am just so used to it just being the two of us that it kills me to know that we will be separated :-( It's especially difficult too because he is so attached to me and gets super upset when other people hold him. Luckily, he'll get to stay home on M,W,Th, and Fridays. On M and W grandma Gaffney will watch him, on Thursday and Friday daddy will be home and on Tuesdays he will go to a babysitter for about 3 1/2 hours. We have a great schedule worked out but I just wish I could stay home with him! I fear that he'll be looking for me and think I've abandoned him. But, I will be home by 2:45 and in about 5 months I will have the summer off with him :-) Being a teacher is a great job for a mommy.
London is changing a lot. He poops way less and is constipated most of the time. This means stinky farts all the time...it's pretty funny. I always open a diaper full of farts and some people even hand him back to me because he's choking them out...haha. He now loves to be naked. When I get him dressed for the day he gets so excited..however, at night he still gets extremely pissed when I change him in the middle of the night before feeding him. His sleeping pattern has been pretty messed up since we went to PA. He still goes to bed at 8pm but has now started waking up every 3 hours. Not good since I am about to go back to work. Daddy will be in for a shocker when we start sharing the nighttime changes and feedings ;-) We have been playing more with London and reading books. He "talks" to us and his favorite word is "aboooo" He also focuses on faces, books and toys much more. I just can't get enough of this baby....LOVE HIM! Gotta go squeeeeeze him!

No comments:

Post a Comment