Thursday, December 30, 2010

Baby's 1st Christmas


London celebrated his first Christmas this year in North East, PA with the Chesleys. We were dreading the 9 hour drive but London did amazing. We left at 5pm on December 23rd and London slept the entire drive waking occasionally for a quick bottle from Aunt Risa who sat with him in the back seat. When we got to my parents house it was 3am and London thought it was morning. My mom jumped out of bed when she heard us and had London in her arms the second we walked inside. My mom played with him a bit while we unpacked all our stuff and got settled. We finally fell asleep around 4am and London was up every couple hours and then about 7am for the day. I was exhausted but we took a nap later that day to make up for missed sleep.
London was very moody on Christmas eve and barely let his cousins Becky and Jill hold him:-( He only wanted mama and daddy and was cranky with nana and papa and uncle Josh. I felt bad but I wasn't surprised. I knew it would take him a while to warm up to the chaos. Christmas eve we took London to church for the first time. We had a little suit and tie (with a pocket square) for him to wear but after a day of fussing and a trial run with the outfit we opted to just put him in a onesie and his snowsuit. He only lasted about 5 minutes in church and we spent the entire mass in the basement. It was just too risky because he was on the verge of a meltdown the entire time. He'd go from smiling and laughing to screaming in a matter of seconds. Kary and I entertained him in the basement and still managed to hear what was going on.
Christmas morning there was a lot of snow. Kary, me, Risa, Josh, Andrea, and my dad all went for a hike in the woods. I grabbed a beer and nana and anut Sarah babysat. I got a little buzzed on the hike and had a really good time. We trudged over a creek, saw amazing icicles and I even made a snow angel. When we returned London had woken from his nap and was very upset. Nana had a binky in his mouth and rocked him. He barely napped at all on Christmas. Around 3pm the Filos arrived and London seems way better adjusted when his cousins Isla and Mason arrived. Mason was so excited to meet him and wanted him to come play. He was kind of bummed that he couldn't walk yet..haha. They were so cute together. They watched toy story 3 on the couch, played with cars on the kitchen floor and Mason made London smile just by talking to him. Isla was giving him kisses and got a little jealous when Aunt Jess held him. London got lots of awesome educational toys, books, and great clothes from nana and papa. He warmed up on Christmas and even let a few family members cuddle him without crying.
The day after Christmas my friend Julie and her husband Jon and his daughter Kaitlyn came to meet London. He was once again attached to me and ended up just napping through their visit. Kary was also sick that day so London was pretty much attached to mama's hip. We went to a family party and the noise and amount of people put London into meltdown mode and I had to take him to the back room and nana and I rocked him until he calmed down. We left the next morning and London once again slept the entire drive, which was not good since we left at 11am. I was up every hour that night with him, wide awake.
London had a great first Christmas. Even though he won't remember he was so well loved. He got so many hugs, cuddles and kisses from people he won't see that often :-( It really makes me sad that they all live so far away. It is so fun and crazy when we all get together. Merry Christmas my sweet little baby.







No comments:

Post a Comment