Wednesday, December 1, 2010

born on a Tuesday


8 weeks ago yesterday (I intended to write this yesterday) London came into our lives and rocked our world. Not only was him being a boy a shocker but I did not realize how much our lives would change with a baby. Being pregnant gave me a sense of giving up my body and changing my lifestyle but having him on the outside adds so much more. I sometimes feel like my body belongs to London. I have to be careful of what I eat and drink. If I have coffee or something spicy (love wasabi peas from trader joes) London will go nuts so I have to keep them out of my diet. I have to be able to whip out a boob at any given time. I am in no way complaining because the love I feel for this little boy is unbelievable overwhelming and I am so blessed he is in my life. However, it has taken our little family some time to adjust. I feel like I am constantly ignoring Kary and Brooklyn and Brixton. I feel like every time I see Kary I am placing demands on what he needs to do for the house, dogs, or baby. We used to have time at night to talk and watch tv and eat nachos and now we are lucky to get one tv show in a week. We have to plan everything based on London's needs. When he cries hysterically we both get stressed out and it's hard to communicate in a non-stressful way. Kary is still new at this dad thing and I know he's frustrated when he works all day and rushes home to see London and is greeted by a cranky baby. Because London is with me all day he is very attached and often prefers the comfort of mommy and I know that makes Kary feel bad. But, we are keeping communication open and working through this "hell phase" as my sister Jess calls it. ;-)
I have many awesome moments these days with my sweet baby boy and each day the "hell phase" fades away. London is awake a lot more and plays hard. He kicks his playmat and grabs the hanging toys and puts them in his mouth. He tries to laugh now at his little lion rattle. It laughs and lights up and he tries so hard to imitate it. It's super cute. London and I like to cuddle and when he buries his head in my shoulder and puts his arms on my shoulders, it's bliss. He has been sleeping between 4-6 hours at a time at night which is wonderful. When I get 6 hours I feel like I've been sleeping for days and always wake myself up and sneak into his room after about 5 hours to make sure he is ok. He is addicted to this video Kary found online. It's made for babies and plays mozart and has shapes floating around. He sits like a little zombie and stares at it so intensely. London is growing so fast. I won't know his weight until next Tuesday at his 2 month appointment but I bet it's near 15lbs or more. He is quite a load to carry these days. Speaking of weight, I have lost about 4lbs in the past week or so. It's a slow progress but moving along. It is so frustrating not being able to fit in my clothes. I refuse to buy larger sizes because I know I'll eventually get back to my pre-preggo weight and won't want those larger sizes. It's mainly my belly and face that I see the extra weight and my boobs are HUGE which actually makes me look heavier. Kary and I bought the wii game "Just Dance 2" and that has been a ridiculously fun way to sweat and burn calories and a fun way for Kary and I to spent time together and reconnect to Kary and Sara vs. just mommy and daddy. I am already dreading leaving London when I return to work. But, I could never be a stay at home mom. I'd go crazy. I just don't want to miss anything. He changes so much each day. I don't want to miss a thing...and he's awake, so bye blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment