Friday, December 31, 2010

Last day as stay-at-home mommy...:-(...for now






Today is our last official weekday home together before I go back to work :-( After carrying him for 9 months and being with him every day for 3 months I am going to feel like an appendage is missing. The hardest part will be what I will miss. I will miss the morning smiles (although I hope to get a few in before I leave for work) I'll miss watching fresh prince in the morning, I'll miss our morning nap on the boppy. I'll miss being able to hold him and kiss him anytime I want. I think the drive to work and the thought of him crying and wanting his mommy will upset me the most.
I know going back to work is good for me and I do love my job (for the most part) but I feel so sad having to leave him behind. I don't want him to wonder and worry where I am or think I have abandoned him. I am so lucky to be able to be home by 2:45 and we can pick up where we normally would. I do need to get back to being busy as I've become kind of a lug being at home all day. I am also excited for daddy to take on a lot of the responsibility of London. It will feel nice to not have to do everything for him (although I enjoy most of it)I am trying to stay positive and keep telling London about how much fun he will have with grandma and daddy during the week days and how on Tuesdays he'll get to play with other kids for a few hours. I am truly lucky to have the childcare schedule I do. I just wish I was going to be the one here with him like he's used to. I am excited to be home with him this summer! I will look forward to that every day and my drive home from work will be so exciting knowing that little chunky monkey is waiting for me with a smile. For now I am going to get all the hugs, kisses, and cuddles in that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment