Monday, December 20, 2010

Hold Me Mommy...


London and I have been together every day, every minute for 76 days, 1,824 hours, over 900 feedings, 600 diaper changes, millions of kisses and constant cuddling. This has bonded us so closely that I cry when I think about leaving him and even as I type this. He is my everything and I can't get enough of him! Unfortunately as our bond has been growing, London has become fearful of anyone other than mommy. It started about a week ago when London started screaming bloody murder if Kary even touched him. It was like a switch. He would be laughing and smiling at me and if Kary came near us he'd cry hysterically. If Kary picked him up he'd cry so hard he'd start gagging and had trouble breathing. Sure enough the second he handed him to me he'd bury his head in my chest, grab hold of my hair and stop crying instantly. As awesome as it felt to have someone adore you that much, I felt bad for Kary. We started researching online what could have caused this. I tried to explain to him that for the past month or so it has been just us. London and I all day long. Kary works long hours and some nights London is already in bed. I knew it was mainly because I was the one who provided the closeness, the milk and was always to the rescue when he needed me.
Yesterday was a bit better. I had Kary feed him a few bottles and he managed to stay calm in daddy's lap while eating. Kary also took him when he was very sleepy and rocked him to sleep while reading him a few bedtime stories. I came in and out of the room whispering quietly every few minutes and then just left them alone. Successfully, he finally warmed up to daddy and drifted off to sleep. This morning he gave daddy a huge smile and Kary screamed, "That's what I'm talking about!" I'm sure when I go back to work London will be a little more open to other people, especially daddy. He will be home on Mondays and Wednesdays with grandma babysitting, he will go to a babysitter for about 3 hours on Tuesdays (same lady who watches my BF's son) and on Thursday and Friday he will be home with daddy! (Kary changed his schedule to be a stay-at-home dad 2 days a week :-) I know mommy will always be #1...hehe...and I should. I carried him for 9 months, keep him alive with milk that my body produces and sacrificed a lot and went through a lot to get him here! I deserve it but am willing to share him....sometimes ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment