Sunday, December 5, 2010

Busy Boy!




London has been very busy the past few days. He made his debut at Statesville Road Elementary on Friday and was quite the attraction. He was oohed and aahed at in the office by the secretaries as he slept in his stroller. But, they wanted to see his eyes so stupid mama messed with him until he woke up and then he started wailing! But, he waited until we were in the hallway as class was going on. The 1st graders were popping out into the hallway inquiring as to why there was a crying baby coming down the hall. I joked that London was being bad and needed an office referral. We made it down to my classroom and as I turned the doorknob and walked in my kids looked at me as if they had seen a ghost. They attacked me with a group hug and were super surprised. London cried at first and I had to give him a bottle real quick. The kids showed me a few things they had learned and were asking when I was coming back. They started handing me letters and cards they had made. There were large printouts of London pictures that I had emailed them taped to the board. So cute! A few teachers popped in the room to see London and as I turned to talk to one of them the kids all went crazy touching London. I turned back to see dirty little hands all over his face and hands. One kid was holding his hand...which was adorable! I hated telling them to unhand him but I didn't want him to catch a cold. London's eyes were huge and he was looking at the kids and bobbling his head in amazement of all the attention. As we said goodbye and made our way down the hall we were stopped by numerous more teachers.
We went home for a bit and then back to school for a baby shower. He was pretty calm and slept most of the time until it was time to eat and then we had to take off. It was so great to see all my teacher friends and check in on what's going on in my classroom. Being so controlling I could only stay in there a moment.
Saturday was Dexter's first birthday party! I can't believe how big he has gotten and how quickly he has grown. It was London's first time around a bunch of other kids but he didn't seem to notice them. He did pretty well among the chaos and only got freaked out for a bit but calmed down when I took him up to Dexter's room for a bit and rocked him. He even got a goody bag :-) The party was awesome and the cupcakes were delicious! Dexter liked his drum kit we got him. I unfortunately didn't get any pictures because I was too busy with London :-( Maybe I'll steal some from Lynn's blog.


and now what's new with London...
London LOVES his playmat gym. He stares at himself and giggles and coos like crazy! It is adorable! He also loves his mobile above his bed. I call them his friends and he smiles and giggles at them every morning. He can lay on his mat or in his bed for as long as we'll let him and stare and smile.
He is becoming very attached to me. I am starting to notice that he gets nervous when I am not in sight. It makes me feel great but will make it that much harder for me to leave him. I don't want him to be anxious with me not around :-( That's the worst part. I am going to enjoy the last month we have together. But luckily I get home early enough that we'll still get to spend a lot of time together when I'm back to work.
London is an unpredictable little dude. I am getting way better at figuring out all his little crazy quarks. He makes me so incredibly happy I can't even handle it! He turned 2 months today and I can't even imagine what life was like before him. He has his 2 month appointment Tuesday and we'll find out how much the little fatty weighs now. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment